Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Vins des Tonneliers, Wine Tasting Class, Beaune, France

We took a wine tasting class at Vins des Tonneliers.  Initially I thought this was more for Metroman since I did not really have a huge interest in wine, but I thought the class was very informative, and I learnt a lot, and I am really glad I went.  We were invited to this beautiful tasting room.  Our "wine consultant", Germain Siloret, was super knowledgeable, and very patient and accommodating with our questions, probably especially since I told him I knew nothing.  It was supposed to be a 1-1.5 hour session, but we were there for almost 2 hours.  For 35 € each, we had 5 wine tastings of chardonnay and pinot noir grapes, 2 hours of this guy's time, unlimited questions, and a bunch of really yummy snacks.  Totally worth it.  I wish these folks were on Tripadvisor because I would give them supremely fabulous ratings.  At the end of the class, Germain praised Metroman on his good palate, and recommended that I drink more and try to taste the aromas more.  Heh heh.  If you are in Beaune, and are interested in the wines here (why else would you be in Beaune?!) and want to learn more, I highly recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment