Friday, September 19, 2014

Bouchon du Palais, Dijon, France

I was looking for a Coq au Vin in the Bourgogne areas that I was visiting.  Bouchon du Palais was #2 on Tripadvisor and had this on their menu, so off I went!

The restaurant was nicely decorated and it looked like a typical old French restaurant with old French poster boards.  It was manned by a nice bald man who was very friendly and helpful.  Each time the bell rang, he would head to the kitchen to pick up food.  Something about it was just very charming.  :-)

I got a free little thinggy of potato chips which I wolfed down.  For my starter, I ordered a fried camembert that came with a little jar of blueberry jam.  I really enjoyed this dish.  Look at the cheese oozing out!  He tried to give me bread but I refused and he went oooh la la, no bread (in French).  Haha.  Then the pièce de résistance, the coq au vin.  The sauce was actually very very good, but I found the chicken meat to be really hard.

Well, I'm glad I went, even though the coq au vin was not the best.  I had a great experience for my last meal in France!


No comments:

Post a Comment