Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ma Cuisine, Beaune, France

Since we were coming to Burgundy, I wanted to eat bœuf bourguignon.  I did some Googling and found an article on the Wall Street Journal in Beaune about Ma Cuisine, recommending the dish there.  Ranked #10 on Tripadvisor, no website.  We managed to get a day-of reservation for a 9.30pm second seating, but we showed up at 8.30pm and I suppose the first seating was over.

Here is what we ate.
Amuse bouche - this sausage thing in a pastry (top picture on right)
Appetizer - Metroman ordered a saussison brioche which seemed like a sausage baked in a bread (middle picture on right) - 16
Main course - we both got bœuf bourguignon (top picture on left) - 19
Dessert - they had a beautiful array of dessert (bottom picture on left) but I ordered fromage blanc, since I was curious about it (bottom picture on right) - 4

Everything was really good.  Not sure if I was swayed by the WSJ article, but special shout out to the bœuf bourguignon which had a really nice thick rich red wine sauce, and the beef was very tender.  I did not love the fromage blanc, but I think maybe I just don't like fromage blanc that much (thick pudding like structure that was a bit sour, served with what Metroman thinks is mascarpone) so it's probably just a me thing.

Visit here!  It is yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment