Thursday, September 11, 2014

France Days 8 & 9 - Annecy/Menthon-Saint-Bernard

I will be sad to leave Annecy.  Tomorrow I leave for Lyon.  Here are some memories from the past few days.

Annecy by night is gorgeous (Annecy by day is also gorgeous).  Loved the solitary swan.


Ice cream from Glaces des Alpes, #24 on Tripadvisor in Annecy.  My teacher told me it was famous.  I had blueberries and génépi flavour which is a type of liqueur which somehow I loved (did not taste alcoholic!).  They give you a small scoop of something to taste and I got speculoos for Lingon.  :-)

Rented a bike and cycled along Lake Annecy.  Visited a restaurant Chez Ma Cousine, #2 on Tripadvisor in the village of Dussard, and had local fish which was amazing.


Purchased some Savoyard pastas to make at home for Lingon.  Interested to try the blueberry one.  Seems weird.  Also got an additional basil noodle one not featured here.

Duck with my favourite mushroom pasta and green beans.  Who would have thunk duck was so easy to make.  I will definitely make it at home.

These cows with a pretty white strip just outside the house I am staying in.

Treat after running at Yogolicious, #14 on Tripadvisor.

Went to see people paragliding.  Not sure if you can see the tiny people in the sky, but it was pretty cool.

Just some weird decor in the old town.

Looking for some tartiflette, in search of Savoyard.  Went randomly to Les Chineurs, #48 on Tripadvisor, which served a neo-tartiflette.  Would have preferred a classic one, but it was REALLY good!  Yum.

Uh oh, went back to eat ice cream at Glaces des Alpes.  Was craving the waffle, but get it from somewhere else.  Stick to the ice cream and the cone here.  Looked good, ice cream was great, green pistachio and honey lavender, waffle much less so but hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment