Thursday, August 14, 2014

Iceland Day 16 - Reykjavik

I must admit, I am glad that this is my last daily post of the Iceland trip.  I plan to do a couple more Iceland-related posts, but it might take me a few days.  I'm exhausted from writing every night.

Today was a lazy kind of day, which explains this post time at 1.47am.

We started our day late, heading out for lunch around 12.30/1pm.  We had planned to get substandard sushi but passed a Korean place, K-Bar, and decided to try that instead!  I liked the decor of the place, it had a lot of books (arranged by colour) and plates that looked like buttons - they may even have been buttons - on shelves.  We ordered the bi bim bap with pork belly (not bad), ginger scallion noodles with salmon (fish was cooked to perfection, noodles were ok) and chicken wings (batter was pretty thick but taste was good).
Not much activity for today so I decided to explore less known Iceland things.  I saw from afar when we were first in Reykjavik a building with towers like a church.  Hog managed to discover with the apparently-wonderful Google app that it was a church called Hateigschurch.  I went too late so the church was closed but here are my pictures from outside.


Last stop of the day was a second visit to Tapas Barinn.  We ordered a few items that we had previously ordered and found slight variants.  The char I ordered did not have the same Israeli couscous and sauce as the previous, and the skin was soggy which was a major crap hole.  The paella did not have those 2 luscious prawns with heads.  New dishes - scallop dish but with oxtail this time, and the oxtail was delectable; salt cod croquettes were my favourite of the meal, but I have a thing for mushy fish.  For dessert we had that same chocolate cake which we got the other day, similarly amazing.  We also got the chocolate mousse with pistachio cookie.  I hate ordering chocolate mousse, frankly, because I can make it for like 50 cents, and I got it more for the pistachio cookie, but I must say that was one helluva chocolate mousse.

I return home to the motherland tomorrow.  I'm tired, and I just need to eat some healthy yummy food and drink green smoothies.  Hope it's warmer there than here.  Pooped.

Iceland, you've been really fabulous, thanks for the great memories, but I won't miss you when I'm gone.  Hog, I will miss you when I'm gone, but I know I will see you soon.

Signing off, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment