Monday, June 23, 2014

Pizzetta 211, SF

I forgot why I wanted to visit Pizzetta 211.  Usually I read about food in SFGate, or UrbanDaddy, and I get inspired.  Anyhow, this place had been on my list for possibly years, and Lingon and the Dawg had pizza cravings, so off we went to the (gasp) Outer Richmond.

One of my biggest issues driving to such neighbourhoods is the lack of parking.  I used to live in Snob Hill and not own a garage spot, so I think I have paid my dues in circling and searching for parking.  Plus this place doesn't have a garage, so there's NO back up!  I got dropped off to put my name down, but the other 2 Musketeers continued circling for a while.  Thankfully we found a spot right outside the restaurant.

The wait was not long.  We were there on a Wednesday night, and there was only 1 party ahead of us.  We had already chosen our 3 pizzas while waiting:
1)  Braised Lamb Ragu, Eggplant, Pine Nut, Feta, Mint
2)  Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil with White Anchovies
3)  Farm Egg, Roasted Corn, Pasilla Pepper, Cherry Tomato, Bacon
In addition, there was a appetizer special which was burrata with broccolini  which we ordered.

The appetizer was delicious.  The pizza toppings were very unique and I think very well paired.  A good solid pizza meal, but for driving all the way out here, and the stress of having to search for parking, I don't really think I would do it again.  There are many other pizza places that I want to try!

It just occurred to me that I should really start a Mushroomin  Guide (geddit?).  I'm reviewing all these places and saying whether it's worth a detour or a trek out to a faraway neighbourhood, or good to eat if you are in the area, etc.  Heh heh!  Next money making venture??


No comments:

Post a Comment