Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Babbo NYC

I have heard so much about Babbo since my sister lived in New York something like 6-8 years ago.  Never been there, but we decided to try it this time.

From the chef, we got chick peas on bread.  We were hungry so we ate it, but it really was not very good.

For starters, we had sardines and beef tartare.  We were really only going to do the sardines, but the waiter made a good sell and told us about the (RED) program, and Lingon's just like, OK we'll do it.  They were both pretty good, but I wouldn't say I died for either.

Then we came to the part I was so excited about - the pastas!  We ordered the Black Spaghetti with Royal Red Shrimp, Spicy Salami Calabrese and Green Chilies, Garganelli with “Funghi Trifolati” and Fettuccine with House-Made Pancetta and Asparagus and.  They were all very good, but I wouldn't say outstanding for the dishes themselves.

For dessert, we had the olive oil cake, which was quite olive oil-y but a bit dry.  With the ice cream, it was OK.

Overall, a solid meal, but for the price I'd go somewhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment