Monday, June 16, 2014

Maialino NYC

We went here for brunch as I had a recommendation from a friend for the ricotta pancakes.  We arrived a little early for our reservation, and the hostess rather rudely told us that we had to wait.  I was a little annoyed, but I suppose I just accept that NYC people are a little snobby.  Anyhow, we finally got seated.  I ordered my ricotta pancakes, and Lingon ordered this vegetable egg white frittata thing.  So first, the frittata.  It ABSOLUTELY drives me insane when Lingon goes somewhere and orders healthy food just coz it's healthy.  It's like, why don't you eat hard boiled eggs?!  But of all the healthy options, I suppose this was the most interesting on the menu, and thank goodness it was not oatmeal or yoghurt or I might have flipped the sh*t.  It was very normal.  I could have made it.  NEXT.

My ricotta pancakes came with strawberry jam and maple syrup.  They were both good.  The pancakes... they were DIVINE.  They were soft and fluffy and fragrant.  Every bite was like a bit into fluffy pancake heaven.  The inside of the pancake was warm and moist.  I'd definitely go back again.  I'm not big on brunch, but this was YUMMY.  Plus they serve it everyday so I could probably take a morning and go get breakfast.

I got overly excited with our entrees.  I forgot to mention, we also got the Suppli al Telefono, which were Tomato Risotto Croquettes & Mozzarella.  Pardon the caps, I stole the name of the dish from the website.  The croquettes were crunchy on the outside, and the risotto on the inside was moist and tasty.  The tomato sauce was delicious, a little too salty for me, but full disclaimer - most things are salty to me.

Maialino brunch is a go!  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment