Friday, June 13, 2014

Ipoh notes

The last blog from our Malaysian trip was just some summary notes from Ipoh.

We went to a famous curry mee place called Xin Quan Fang at around 11.44am on a Monday morning, and discovered that the place was closed.  I had gone running around 7 or 8am, and the place was bustling, and I was pretty sure we would have no problem getting our food if we came along before dinner.  However we went to see some temples after breakfast, and I was bitterly disappointed.  So, for those of you who want to try this place, GO EARLY!
174, Jalan Sultan Iskandar, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
7.30am-whenever it finishes :-(

Instead, we tried this place called Foh San Dim Sum, which I had done a fair amount of reading on.  This place used to be good, and then expanded, and the reviews I read were pretty mixed.  Sadly I didn't have a good back up after being disappointed by Xin Quan Fang, so here we went.  We had egg tart (RM1.8), chang fen (RM4), ma lai gao (RM4), black bao (RM1.8), nuo mi ji (RM5.5), ha gao (RM6), siew Mai (RM4.7) and xiao long bao (RM7).  They had run out of liu sha bao and that made me sad.  The people here were rather pushy, which annoyed me.  We ordered the black bao with yam in it because the lady literally badgered us 3 or 4 times about it, and Lingon, being the soft white guy he is, caved.  It was not bad, but we really did not need it.  Lol.  I think the food was just edible, so I do not recommend it to anyone.  The good news is the restaurant takes credit card, the bad news is the minimum to use your credit card is RM50, which we did not meet, so too bad for us.  I won't include any details of this restaurant because I really don't recommend anyone to go to it.  But here are the pictures anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment