Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grimaldi's NYC

Again another one of those establishments I've been wanting to try for years.  This one had a veritable reason to not attend - the famed long terrible lines.  Some said 2 hours.  For pizza????  Mad.  Plus, the reviews all say the standard has dropped, which is another reason not to go.

Anyhow, I decided on this trip I would walk across the Brooklyn Bridge since my failed attempt back in 2009 or so.  I took the train to Brooklyn, found my pizza place, and marched right in.  As I stepped in the door, this creepy looking man pounced forward and I think his words were "what do you want?"  Being an extremely direct person, I said "to eat pizza".  He asked me if I had called to order, and I was probably like "erm no I was going to eat here".  Anyway, a most unpleasant welcome.

He dumped me at the bar, and I waited for maybe about 10 minutes before someone gave me water.  During this whole time no one even spoke to me.  I was hungry since it was a late lunch, maybe around 1pm, and so I mustered the courage to ask someone to take my order, and he told me to wait for whoever I was supposed to wait for.  10 minutes later someone came and took my order.

I ordered the white pizza with sausage.  Quite yummy, but for pizza I should not have been subject to such cruel and unusual punishment by those jerk faces.  Not really impressive, just good ol' white pizza.  So I'd say save your time and your money and go somewhere else.

Anyhow, on a site note, I was there on a week day early afternoon.  I thought the place would be empty, and it was around 1pm when I got there, but when I left maybe 45 mins later, there was a line of maybe 10 people outside.  Crazy.

Next pizza place when I visit the Big Apple - Roberta's, also in Brooklyn.  Strong recommendation from friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment