Monday, June 23, 2014

Golden Star Vietnamese Restaurant, SF

It was the day after a very very long day at work, up on my feet the whole day, running up slopes and hills and stairs.  The body felt tired to the bone, the eyelids could not really keep fully up, the throat a bit scratchy, the mouth and brain were uncoordinated and words felt slurred.  Sort of like a hangover, but with zero alcohol.  It was a pho day!  Soupy foods have always been a comfort food.  I had initially suggested Turtle Tower, but the Dawg had vetoed that.  We had been to Golden Star together before and that was acceptable to us both.

I had some filter on, so pardon the look of the photos.  I had beef and beef ball pho.  The soup was a lot clearer and lighter than I remembered it to be, which was great especially for such a day.  This was probably the first time too I ever had pho without hoisin sauce and/or sriracha!  It was delicious and a perfect cure for my poor body.

The Dawg ordered a pork vermicelli noodles with imperial rolls.  I had a taste of the pork, which had some amazing marinade and was delish.  The imperial rolls were pretty good too.

This place definitely cures a pho or vermicelli noodle craving.  It's a great cheap meal if you're in the Chinatown area!


No comments:

Post a Comment