Thursday, July 31, 2014

Iceland Day 2 - Reykjavik

I think I finally know how to pronounce the name of this city.  :-)

Here are some random photos from walking around today.  I've also decided that Nordic food is not for me.  After Noma during our trip to Denmark, and this place called Sjávargrillið that we tried today (recommended by a friend), I have thrown in the towel.  Bæjarins beztu pylsur for hot dogs was OK.

Sjávargrillið - supposed to be resto #4 on Tripadvisor.  Did not like it at all.  Tried whale, puffin and shag in picture 1, which was super weird and salty.  Picture 2 shows we barely ate any of it.   Ordered grilled salmon and fish of the day, which were just weird too.  A bit too salty, with weird flavours I know not how to describe.  Smelled like it was washed by smelly water.

Bæjarins beztu pylsur (English: The best hot dog in town) - according to their website, the majority of Icelanders have eaten here.  The dog was not particularly special, and we really did not like the brown sauce, and I normally don't like mustard, so we scraped off all the sauce to render it edible.  There were some bomb crispy onions.  380ISK makes for a cheap meal.

Interior of the largest church in Iceland, Hallgrímskirkja.

Random energy drink.  So cute!

Random street art.

Solfar (Sun Voyager) Sculpture

How could I resist penguins and ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment