Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lime Tree, SF

To satisfy a craving for Singapore food, off the three musketeers went to Lime Tree.  These are our stories.

We ordered the murtabak and satay for starters.  Not that it was fabulous or anything, but the murtabak was probably the best murtabak I've had in the Bay Area.  I guess that's me assessing the quality of Bay Area Singaporean/Malaysian cuisine...  The satay was inedible.  The meat had some weird sour taste.  Lingon and the Dawg said it was fine to them though.  I guess I have a preconceived motion of what these foods are supposed to taste like, and when they are different, it is simply unacceptable.  :-(

For starters, we got the nasi goreng, laksa and mie tek tek.  Strangely enough I was the one who ordered the mie tek tek.  It's not something I have ever heard of before I went to some Indonesian in Berkeley with my friend the Penguin.  But the menu seemed rather limited, the Dawg was going to order laksa, and somehow I felt like that was the only thing I could order.  They all tasted fine, and I would rank in order of best to least best, laksa (I can't personally order this anywhere in the US because I can make it out of a packet), nasi goreng and mie tek tek.  The mie tek tek chicken had that same weird sour taste, so I could not eat that.  None of the dishes were stellar, and sadly I will not be coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment