Monday, December 8, 2014

Donburiko, Tokyo

I had a sudden craving for oyako-don after seeing a poster with a giant oyako-don on it.  Oh the power of suggestion.  There is an area of Tokyo Station called Kitchen Street where Donburiko is, and at Kitchen Street there are many kinds of restaurants like tempura, sushi, etc.  I found Donburiko pretty easily, and it was the only one with a picture of oyakodon on its menu.

I went in and got seated at the counter and immediately ordered my oyako-don which arrived very quickly.  For those who are unfamiliar with oyako-don, it is a form of donburi which means rice bowl dish, so this one is pretty much a bowl of rice topped with egg, chicken and some sauce.  The name literally means parent-and-child donburi because of the ingredients.  The bowl came with a small bowl of soup and some pickled vegetables.

The meal was fast and delicious, and I think quite healthy too, for ¥1,100.  I would definitely go back again.  Such a convenient location with yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment