Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dipsea Trail from the Pan Toll Ranger Station to Stinson Beach (and Back)

I don't remember the last time Lingon and I went hiking.  I think it has to be Machu Picchu back in August.  Anyway, I sort of quit (but not really) working out, but I do love hiking and wanted to spend some time in the lovely outdoors, so I found this hike from Refinery 29 with brunch spots (food is always a good enticer!) and Lingon agreed to go with me!  I chose a day that sky was supposed to be clear and sunny, and clear and sunny it was!  Freezing cold, but walking briskly helped a little bit.

We set off from SF, drove about an hour, parked at the Pan Toll Ranger Station for $8, and then started our hike downhill to Stinson Beach.  I started my Runkeeper a bit late, but here is the tracking stats down.  Really was not too bad.  The ground was for the most part firm and not dusty, a few puddles and muddy spots, and there was maybe a 15-min section of perpetual stairs.

The views that greeted us were amazing.  We could see downtown San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge peeking out from in between two hills.  The water was shimmering as the sun rose higher and higher in the sky.  Oh, what a sight!  I love the bay area!

We also encountered this cool tree which Lingon pointed out to me, as often I'm so focused on the destination that I forget to look at nature around me.

When we reached the town, we went to Parkside Cafe for brunch.  The website recommended the shrimp scramble and raisin French toast, so I got those both.  Lingon got the fish tacos.  The food had a Mexican flair to it, but everything was very fresh and delicious.  I highly recommend Parkside Cafe.  There is also a take out pizza place, and a bakery with all kinds of breads and pastries, if you do not want to sit down and have a full meal.

Then, we made out way to the beach.  I don't like beaches, but I felt I had to just go for a walk.  Of course sand got in my shoes boohoo, but I took it like a big person and shook it out.

The hike back was a bit more tiring as expected, but it was nice to get warm again.

Loved this trail, if you like hiking and want something not too strenuous, this is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment