Monday, October 27, 2014

Garden Bakery, SF

I get a lot of food inspiration from reading articles about the bay area.  One of them was about Chinatown.  I love eating in Chinatown.  First of all it reminds me of home.  Second of all I actually do love Chinese food, though as I get older I find the grease actually makes me physically feel not so good.  It is the little shops with small eats and street-like food that I love.  Check out the article here.

Lingon and I mutually agreed on Garden Bakery, since it had Chinese pastries and supposedly good coffee.  In addition to the spongecake, pineapple bun (right picture) and pork bun that the article recommended, I also got the wife cake, or lao po bing.  Everything was not bad, but nothing fabulous, except the pineapple bun which came hot out of the oven.  For those who have no idea what a pineapple bun is, it really has no pineapple in it, but the top is baked so that it supposedly looks like the exterior of a pineapple.  Wikipedia has a good article about it here.

I actually would go back here again for the pineapple bun, but definitely want to check out the other Chinese bakeries in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment