Monday, October 27, 2014

Cotogna (booking on Sosh), SF

This is a long overdue email but I wanted to give a shout out to Sosh (which is a source of last minute activities, of which I am mainly interested in dining) and Cotogna.

Sosh send me a bizarre email, saying I was a VIP on their app, though the only time I had used their app was using a friend's account and even so I had only used it once!  Well, they were offering a free dinner and the Mushroom usually does not turn down free things.  I managed to secure the Al Prezzo Fisso menu with wine pairing at Cotogna and invited Tutu with me, since Lingon was out of town.  Value was $28 for dinner and $18 for wine, for 2 people, free!  Woohoo!!

For the starter, we had gazpacho, which was really good considering I like neither tomato soup nor cold soups in general.  The tomatoes had a good... tomato-y flavour, and was not too sweet.

For the main, we had ravioli di porchetta.  Rich and cheesy.  Super yummy.

For dessert we had what was basically a very rich chocolate mousse, with seasonal fruit, mainly figs and perhaps peach.  The chocolate mousse was SO good.  I cleaned the little canister.

I must say my relationship with Cotogna had started out a bit rocky, but the past two times I had been there it was great!  I'm starting to be a fan.  Keep on rocking, Cotogna!

No comments:

Post a Comment