Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hong Kong Eats

This is long overdue, but here are the places I ate when I was last in HK, March 2015.

W Hotel Kitchen as our Starwood Platinum amenity, with a breakfast buffet.  This just scratches the surface, and I may have written more previously elsewhere.  But there is a huge selection, Western and Eastern, and I like the Eastern selection better.  Great views of the harbour too, when the pollution is not too bad.

I always go to Tim Ho Wan, even if it is only for take out.  Their baked BBQ pork buns are the best in the world.  This time I also got the Malay cake (ma lai gao) because my mother mentioned it and I was thinking of her.

Another favourite is Tsim Chai Kee for their wonton noodles.  This is my preferred noodle place in SF.  I did a comparison post with Mak's Noodles (wow they have a Wiki page).  I much preferred TCK for their comparatively large portions, springy noodles, large wontons and chili.

We tried a new place this time, called Dim Dim Sum.  They have a Facebook page, wow.  I'm so amazed all these restaurants have websites.  HK is getting techy!  I went there mainly because of their cute piggy liu sha baos, which were not bad, super fun, but not the best I've had but still pretty good and different looking (haha).  We also got buo luo bao and the deep fried chang fen.  All pretty good!

Lastly, we went to Nahm, the Thai restaurant in the Elements Mall.  We ordered the soft shell crab which was way too thickly breaded, spring rolls and chicken noodle soup (it seems), which were all OK.  I would not go back, but it was convenient at the time.

Fun eats, HK!


No comments:

Post a Comment