Friday, August 14, 2015

Basik Cafe, SF

My new favourite place for healthy food is Basik Cafe in Russian Hill on Polk Street.  This summer has been especially hot, which has contributed to my constant desire to go back to this place.  Thankfully I do not live near this place, otherwise a lot of my hard earned moolah would be spent here.  They serve acai bowls and smoothies.  I honestly have no real idea what acai is, I think it is a berry, and it is really quite a hot superfood right now.  Antioxidants, super vitamins, blahblah.  I really do feel very good after eating it, not sure if it's psychological, or if it is the cold yummy goodness going down my oesophagus on a hot SF summer day, but either way, no complaints.  It is rather expensive, at $11 for a small bowl, and the $14 large bowl seems like a much more worthy investment.  I imagine myself going there with Lingon and sharing a bowl, but most of the time he's too busy and I'm not sure he digs the stuff as much as me anyway.  To date, I have tried 2 different bowls, both amazing.  A friend introduced me to this place when it first opened, as he knew of it from friends of friends.  Apparently the couple who started it are from Hawaii, and had tried this concept there, and brought it here.  I don't think the bowl itself is a new concept, but maybe their ingredients are super fresh or something?

Here is the menu.  I don't understand why I did not even try cropping the photo, so now it looks worse than my usual not-so-great-anyway photos, but here is.

Here are my food pictures.  I have tried both the forager and the banyan.  They use the Nature's Farm pumpkin seed granola, which is my favourite granola on the earth.  So that's great, right?  Except I have that all the time, bought in bulk from Costco, so honestly I feel a bit jipped, but it does taste really really good with the acai bowl.  The first picture is the Forager, and the second is the Banyan.  I think Banyan is really popular.  Oh gawd I could use a bowl right now, looking at these pictures.  Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment