Tuesday, September 8, 2015

AQ, SF

This is another one of the restaurants I probably would not choose, if it was just me.  But Lingon likes these kinds of restaurants - more upscale, small plates with foam, Californian fusion blahblah, you get the idea.  And honestly, this restaurant is unique enough that I didn't mind.  The kicker for me was that I had a 1 for 1 Sosh deal, and we got a 4-course menu for 2 at less than $85.

The restaurant was AQ.  A beautiful space in a not so beautiful part of SOMA.  4 times a year, they entirely revamp the decor of the interior to reflect the current season.  Not surprisingly, the menu changes seasonally too.  They recently (or maybe not so recently) changed the menu to a prix fixe menu instead of a la carte, which I did not love, because it means overeating.

It was not bad, but we were not in love.  For the price we got, and a fun dining experience, it was a good buy.  I would not be in a hurry to go back, but will definitely peek in to see the new decor if I pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment