Thursday, March 5, 2015

Jitlada, Los Angeles

Yet again another Travel & Leisure Thai food list item.  We have now conquered Lers Ros Thai in SF, Khong River House in Miami and Lotus of Siam in this blog, and now we go to Jitlada in LA, which another of our friends did recommend too.  (We actually also have been to Asia Market in Houston, but I was too hungry and did not take any photos.)

Lingon got this ginger smoothie, which was SUPER gingery.  I liked it, but I don't think it was possible to finish a whole thing of that.  From the list, we ordered the Phangga jungle curry, which was so hot I think we almost died.  I'm honestly not too sure I tasted much of anything else other than the chilli on my tongue.  We also got one of our classic favourites, papaya salad, which sadly did not have too much of a kick.  Lastly, we got the pad see ew, which was great!  We love pad see ew, and it's nice to find one that matches our favourite at Siam Noodle and Rice in Chicago.






After hearing so much about Jitlada, and supposedly the fact that Ryan Gosling goes there, kind of have a meh feeling about it.  The food was not bad, but to take a special trip there was very... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment