Friday, May 30, 2014

M Boutique Hotel in Ipoh

It's so easy to just be lazy and not write, but I don't want to forget my memories, and I certainly want to share them with people who are interested in food and in what I have to say.  :-)

My first time to Ipoh.  I booked M Boutique Hotel using Expedia.  I had some reservations about the hotel.  The location was less than stellar - it was neither close to the food, nor the old town.  My other choice would have been the Ipoh French Hotel, which was really close to the food.  However, the pictures won me over.  I was correct in my judgment.  This new-ish hip hotel was very well appointed in a Straits Eclectic style (according to a quick Google search).  I lack the capability to describe the interior, but here is a picture of some of the public areas, and our premier room, which was the second largest room and was still rather small at 194 sq ft, according to Expedia.  The suite, which is the largest room, is a whopping 355 sq ft, but I did not feel like shelling out the money for that.


Other than the room size, the hotel worked really well.  The bed was comfortable, and there were 2 restaurants on-site - one Western called Myth, and one was the chain Old Town White Coffee.  Lingonberry's first meal was some pasta at Myth which was rather mediocre tasting.  I was hungry and took a little taste but refused to succumb to white people food.

Breakfast was included with the room.  I had nasi lemak at Old Town, and Lingonberry had the garlic bread, eggs, ham and beans.  I enjoyed my meal, and his was apparently just so-so.

 
The hotel also had a gym that was serviceable for its size, but the room was so hot that it was necessary to open all the windows and doors to not die of heat stroke.

Our experience at M Boutique Hotel concludes here.

M Boutique Hotel
Hala Datoh 2, 31650, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
+60 5-255 5566
The design inspiration for M Boutique Hotel is derived from an early 20th-century architectural style called Straits Eclectic - See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/travel/article/m-boutique-hotel-coming-home-to-ipohs-rising-star#sthash.11x1P0Y6.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment