Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hog and Rocks, SF

I had my last foie gras in San Francisco before the ban with Tutu.  Here I was having the first foie gras in San Francisco after the ban got lifted with Tutu.  We decided to go to Hog and Rocks after seeing an SFGate article on the foie gras burger.

We ordered their signature deviled eggs to start, which was served with "country ham and fried oyster".  It was like oyster po boy on a deviled egg, an I loved it.  However it is simple enough that I think maybe some day I will have the courage to make it at home.

Then we got the foie gras torchon, which was a pate served on a slice of toast with sea salt and I have no idea what this dark looking spread on the bread was.  It was on their specials menu and was pretty good.  We also got the foie gras burger, which was a decent burger.  However the foie gras piece was not huge, and I decided to split the burger and the foie gras and eat them separately, and that worked out better for me.

I'm sure there are better places to get foie gras, but the power of suggestion brought me here.  I'm sure I've had enough foie to last me for the next few months and I'm happy.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment