Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Food in Santa Fe (and Around)

Santa Fe, known for its green chile (apparently).  We ate a lot, mostly tried to do TexMex since we were in that area.  :-)

The one fancy place we went to was Gironimo.  Literally EVERYONE we knew who had been to Santa Fe recommended this place.  It was not in downtown Santa Fe, but on Canyon Road where all the art galleries were.  I got crabcakes and foie gras and Lingon got I think a seabass ramen.  Not super TexMex, not even Texas or Mexican like, but it was good fancy dining!  Prices were pretty high, comparable to SF, but for the one nice dinner this was doable!  :-)

For more casual dining, a few people recommended Cafe Pasquals.  I was not very hungry, so Lingon and I shared a green chile burger and some juice/shake thing.  We were recommended some fruit cobbler so I thought why not.  Overall the food was just OK, and I was a bit disappointed.  The restaurant itself was quite busy, took maybe 20-30 mins to get us seated for lunch, cute interior.  They take dinner reservations.

One night we had troubles finding a place to eat at, we walked into (actually up to, since this was a rooftop place) this place called Coyote Cafe.  Now I'm a little confused, because I think there is a difference between the downstairs restaurant, upstairs restaurant and upstairs outdoor rooftop bar.  We went to the super casual rooftop bar.  I got a salad and Lingon got tacos, and they were both very good!


One place that was recommended to us was Palacio Cafe.  I thought it was a vegetarian restaurant so I initially had no intention of eating there, but in the end just felt like I wanted something healthy, so there we went.  Lingon got tacos which were amazing, and I got the special salad which had salmon, and was amazing too!

We tried going to The Shed, not knowing how flipping happening it would be.  Please make reservations!!  It was recommended by friends too, but since our wait was quoted at 3 hours, we said forget it and left.  Haha!

We also had all our breakfasts at Julia, the restaurant at our hotel, La Posada de Santa Fe.  Post here!

Super random, and not quite in Santa Fe, but we passed a Sonic in Los Alamos, and I had never been, so we went and I got a milkshake.  Nothing too much to report here but the shake was good and after that I felt so bloated haha!  This was the first time I had ever been to a drive-in and it was funny looking.

Also in Los Alamos, we went to Viola's Restaurant for some TexMex.  We really enjoyed our meal!

Love TexMex, but it is a bit heavy.  Santa Fe is a great place to eat at, and we really enjoyed our culinary adventures here!

No comments:

Post a Comment