Wednesday, May 20, 2015

W New York Times Square

We stayed at the W New York Times Square during our most recent visit to the Big Apple.  We got upgraded to a room overlooking the Hudson.  The room was supposedly the same size as a normal room (small), but the view was nice, and I appreciated not staring directly into someone else's room or office.

Since they were undergoing renovations, I have no idea where breakfast usually was for the Starwood Platinum amenity, but this time it was at the Blue Fin restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel.  The free breakfast was pretty generous.  I got the Power Drive juice, which was orange, carrot and ginger, and loved it.  One could also get a bakery basket, coffee or tea, cereal and yoghurt.  I got some cereal and yoghurt to go, but did not try the rest (trying to keep healthy!).  What seemed silly though was there was this section that said "feel like a little more", where you could "upgrade" your breakfast with some additions for $12.  Your choices were buttermilk pancakes (normally $15), breakfast sandwich ($14) or poached eggs ($16).  Well, thanks for the $2-4 discount.  I suppose something is better than nothing, but I just wanted to gripe about it.

The hotel overall was fine, Lingon tends to like W Hotels, I'm so so on it.  I did not like the area, literally right by Times Square, which was crazy busy.  I wouldn't stay here again if I could help it.  I would choose a quieter location, and probably a less happening hotel like a Westin or Sheraton with a less edgy interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment